Bishopwearmouth Co-operative is a unique local ‘Not-for-Profit’ Community Interest Company delivering a wide range of high quality professional horticultural and floristry services to customers across Sunderland and neighbouring areas. All of the profits generated are then invested into the company to enable us to:
- Provide paid employment, education, training, work-based placements and volunteering opportunities for vulnerable adults from our local community that may have moderate to severe learning disabilities; physical disabilities; severe and enduring mental health needs; behaviours that challenge; and / or have other complex needs
- Reduce inequalities for disabled adults and help support them to move on to greater independence
- Promote social inclusion, equality and involvement within our local community
- Provide a professional and high quality community business
Our innovative ‘not-for-profit’ approach has enabled our Company to provide disabled adults with:
- 15 Supported employment opportunities
- 125 Day Care placements
- Access to many work-based training opportunities within the Horticultural/Floristry Sector
- We are very proud to offer our commercial, public and private customers the very best service at the most competitive price.
Our services currently include:
Retail Garden Centre
Day service for adults with disabilities
The Garden Centre opening times are:
Monday to Staturday 9am-4.30pm.
Sunday 10am to 4pm.